Pursuant to Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013
Recognizing that business enterprises are economic organs of society and draw on societal resources, it is company's belief that a company's performance must be measured by its Triple Bottom Line contribution to building economic, social and environmental capital towards enhancing societal sustainability. In line with this belief, company shall continue creating unique models to generate livelihoods and environmental capital. Such Corporate Social Responsibility ("CSR") projects are far more replicable, scalable and sustainable, with a significant multiplier impact on sustainable livelihood creation and environmental replenishment. These initiatives are independent of the normal conduct of company's business. Programme, projects and activities (collectively "CSR Programme") carried out in this regard are the subject matter of this Policy.
Company aims at enhancing its efforts to build on its tradition of social responsibility to empower people and deepen its social engagements.
The Corporate Social Responsibility Committee is constituted by the Board of Directors of Ankur Seeds Private Limited in their meeting held on 20th July, 2015 in compliance with Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 (“the Act”) read along with Schedule VII & the applicable rules thereto. The present Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy (“the policy”) is in compliance with Section 135(3) of the Act read along with the Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2013 (“the rules).
Ankur Seeds Private Limited Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) involves participating, contributing and make our presence in social, economic, infrastructural, educational, cultural developments etc; for augmenting the quality of life of the people of our country, especially in and around areas where are our registered office are located.
As on March 31, 2021 the Members of CSR Committee comprises of Two Directors. The CSR Committee is headed by Mr. M.G. Shembekar and has Mr. M.M. Saoji as its member. All the members of the Committee have relevant experience.
CSR Vision Statement:
In alignment with vision of the company, Ankur Seeds Private Limited, through its CSR initiatives, will continue to enhance value creation in the society and in the community in which it operates, through its services, conduct & initiatives, so as to promote sustained growth for the society and community, in fulfillment of its role as a socially responsible corporate citizen.
CSR Focus Areas:
- Hunger, Poverty, Malnutrition and Health: Eradicating extreme hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting preventive healthcare and sanitation and making available safe drinking water;
- Promoting education: Promoting education including special education and employment-enhancing vocational skills especially among children, women, elderly and the differently abled and livelihood enhancement projects; monetary contributions to academic institutions for establishing endowment funds, chairs, laboratories, etc., with the objective of assisting students in their studies;
- Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women: Promoting Gender Equality and empowering women; setting of homes, hostels for women and orphans; setting up old age homes, day care centres and such other facilities for senior citizens and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups;
- Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agro forestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water;
- Protection of national heritage, alt and culture including restoration of buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art; setting up public libraries; promotion and development of traditional arts and handicrafts;
- Measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents;
- Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognized sports, Paralympics sports and Olympic sports;
- Contribution to the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio-economic development and relief and welfare of the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women;
- Contributions or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions which are approved by the Central Government;
- Rural development projects;
- Such other activities as may be prescribed from time to time;